A dusting of my past

My photo
My name is Dezarae’. i am originally from Hutchinson, Kansas. i joined the military at 17 served 4 1/2 years. The military itself was not bad, but i delt with alot concerning people in the military. I taught myself to crochet when i was twelve, havent done much until late 2008. When i crochet and knit it makes me feel like i belong to something. Its the one thing in my life that i can fix if i mess it up. I am working on slowly starting up a business which will be called Making Traditions. Making Traditions is a store for all ages and all sexes. You can learn anything from needlepoint, spinning fibers, crochet, knitting, canning, cooking, baking, vegetable gardening tips, sewing, Quilting, preserving, and freezing. Along with being a one stop shop for all these categories. The motto of my business is “making yesterday’s talents, today’s traditions”. My goal is to find a link between the past and the present to bring families of all generations together. while also providing skills which will come in handy for the rest of one’s life.

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Too tired to sleep.

Wow, Talk about exaustion. I have a 9 month old and a 2 1/2 year old. my 2 year old keeps me runnin ragged. I play with him, chase him, tickle him. I love making him laugh. I started noticing he would put his hand up and say, "NO MOMMY, NO". I could just think to myself, this was weird. Then I turned on dora while i went to do the never ending dishes. I heard in the background "no swiper, no swiping". Then it clicked. He was saying no mommy, no when i was doing something he didnt want me to do, like putting up an item he was too little to have. It was really cute. My 9 month old is almost sleeping all night on his own. Right now it is kinda hard to make him sleep on his own all night, just to let him comfort himself because we are living in a crappy ass one bedroom apt. We own a 3 bedroom house. but when my husband came back from working overseas for the last 5 years, he got a job at the Hines VA hospital which was 2 hours away. And considering he lost his licence in college I had to drive him to and from work. Now that he has his permit back, I can move back into my house.... boy am i excited.

All of my family is in kansas, so it was really hard to live here while he was overseas. I finnally started finding people i can somewhat trust. then we move again. Being an at home mom at the moment, i really dont get much time to socialize. Sometimes i wish i could just act like a normal 24 year old. Although i wouldnt change my family at all, I wish i just had time to let my hair down and be me.

2 comments:

  1. Well, hey there! I am glad to find your blog. Saw that you were following mine. I haven't been on ravelry much lately. Need to check it more often! Sorry to hear you're having to adjust with friends and all again. I know how hard moving is. I've just never moved that far away from family. Too bad you're not back for this weekend. I think we're still planning to picnic and knit on Saturday (even if it's just Jennifer and me and our kids!). :) Well, good to see you here! Take care! At least you can have "blog friends!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read your blog, I want to thank you and your family for all that you did and do for our country. You kept us safe. I can't thank you and all branches of military enough. I am forever grateful to all of you. Your kids are gorgeous BTW. Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete