A dusting of my past

My photo
My name is Dezarae’. i am originally from Hutchinson, Kansas. i joined the military at 17 served 4 1/2 years. The military itself was not bad, but i delt with alot concerning people in the military. I taught myself to crochet when i was twelve, havent done much until late 2008. When i crochet and knit it makes me feel like i belong to something. Its the one thing in my life that i can fix if i mess it up. I am working on slowly starting up a business which will be called Making Traditions. Making Traditions is a store for all ages and all sexes. You can learn anything from needlepoint, spinning fibers, crochet, knitting, canning, cooking, baking, vegetable gardening tips, sewing, Quilting, preserving, and freezing. Along with being a one stop shop for all these categories. The motto of my business is “making yesterday’s talents, today’s traditions”. My goal is to find a link between the past and the present to bring families of all generations together. while also providing skills which will come in handy for the rest of one’s life.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Life as I know it

Hello everyone,
Well i know it has been a while since i have written, but things have been super busy. I know, no excuse. Well i am going to school and pursuing my dream of starting up my store. I love going to thrift stores to see the type of needleart books that line the shelves. Today I was in Amboy, IL and picked up a book at the thrift store. It is called Adventures in knitting by Barbara Aytes. I have spent countless hours browsing the patterns on Ravelry so i was suprised to find knitting stitches that i have not seen on ravelry :) this excites me. I like bringing old traditions to the present as if it was something just created. There is so much talent out there.

Time is counting down, i just cant help but to think in 9 months my youngest goes under yet another open heart surgery. he is 15 months old right now. so much for such a little guy.

Well i will write more later, i need to go tend to the kiddo's


1 comment:

  1. will keep your baby in my prayers..
    take care,

    ReplyDelete