A dusting of my past

My photo
My name is Dezarae’. i am originally from Hutchinson, Kansas. i joined the military at 17 served 4 1/2 years. The military itself was not bad, but i delt with alot concerning people in the military. I taught myself to crochet when i was twelve, havent done much until late 2008. When i crochet and knit it makes me feel like i belong to something. Its the one thing in my life that i can fix if i mess it up. I am working on slowly starting up a business which will be called Making Traditions. Making Traditions is a store for all ages and all sexes. You can learn anything from needlepoint, spinning fibers, crochet, knitting, canning, cooking, baking, vegetable gardening tips, sewing, Quilting, preserving, and freezing. Along with being a one stop shop for all these categories. The motto of my business is “making yesterday’s talents, today’s traditions”. My goal is to find a link between the past and the present to bring families of all generations together. while also providing skills which will come in handy for the rest of one’s life.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Reflections

Holidays make you reflect on the ones you love, the mistakes you made through the last year, and the hopes and dreams you set for yourself for the new year. Every day, we change slightly. The ones around you influencing your self confidence and self respect. May we all embrace our faith and hold our heads high, no one is perfect, some people disguise their imperfections better than others.

There are many people i owe thanks to, Friends that are no more, for their friendship while it lasted. New people who have opened their heart to me as we embraced a new friendship. Along with old friends who no matter what, through anything accept you for who you are and the decisions you make no matter if they agree or not. I love you all.

Many times i wonder, if the way we celebrate the first month of the year, is the way the rest of the year is to come. Does the first month, set the tone for the rest of the year?

Some things in life that you hope change, never will. Even though it hurts when certain events surface, it is not life threatening, so you feel obligated to oblige.

Sometimes, although you do your best to give someone the respect that is due, It hurts, a lot when you feel that they disrespect you even though they may be oblivious that their actions make you feel that way.Family is amazing, and they are your everything, when you get married and have children, your perception of family changes. If you are the only one with children in the family it makes it difficult for other family members to realize the obligation and the freedom you give up for your new family.

God, Please grant me the serenity to Accept things i cannot change.

No matter how bad it hurts me, please allow me to accept the events and people i have no control over.

Change the things i can.

Please help me realize when i can make small changes for the better to help others around me be better individuals as well.

And the wisdom to know the difference.

Please help me embrace who i am without guilt, Please help me accept the physical changes that life has done to me over the years, Please help me realize that nothing is worth loosing my life or family over.

may we all remember to drive safely, take the keys from someone who has been drinking NO MATTER HOW SOBER THEY THINK THEY ARE Some things can be prevented but cannot be changed if you make the wrong choice.

God bless my readers and their families in the days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment